Saturday 4 April 2015

Breathe


From the second I woke up this morning, I knew it would be one of those days. A day in which the tears don’t stop tickling the backs of my eyes. They beg to be released, as if that would help somehow, provide me with some bitter clarity. A day in which I am both empty and full for all the wrong reasons. And I don’t know which one I prefer. A day in which my voice cracks and shakes in a way that resembles the shattered thoughts inside my mind. A day in which I want nothing more than to lay in bed and play my music on shuffle until Coldplay’s The Scientist lights up the screen, and then I’ll play that on repeat because nobody said it was easy. But no one ever said it would be this hard.

On those days where your feelings can’t quite fit inside of you and everything you’ve been trying so hard to hold onto seems to be slipping through your fingers, breathe. Breathe through the storm that’s gathered inside your body. Take a second to remind yourself that that growl of thunder wasn’t aimed at you. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Wipe away the guilt-filled raindrops that blur your vision, you don’t deserve to look at them anymore. And, one more thing, never ever apologise for the way you feel. Not to yourself, or anybody else.

So, on those days where your veins throb and your heart aches and you feel as if you’ve lost everything you ever were and everything you ever had in that grey cloud, try listening to the thunder. Let the lightning guide you for once. No matter how dark it gets, the storm will pass. Breathe through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment